Pages

Friday, September 4, 2009

Friday's Art Quote


Winter's Cotton Candy
Waterolor - 18" x 24"


Every artist dips his brush in his own soul,
and paints his own nature into his pictures.
~Henry Ward Beecher~

This is one of my favorite art quotes. It is so true. It took me a very long time to become comfortable with people looking and and commenting on my work. It was almost as if I felt that they could see right into my soul. I have somewhat become used to it now.
 
The painting I chose for today is called 'Minnesota's Cotton Candy.' There is not a person who has grown up in Minnesota who has not at least once eaten snow. It's the best in the world! I just started the almost empty nest era of my life - in less than a year both kids will be gone off to college. I have become a bit sentimental and have been painting pictues of my kids to help survive. This is one of those paintings. My paintbrush dipped deep in my soul when I painted this painting. I doubt there is a stronger love (except God's) than that of a mother.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Single Apple

  Single Apple Oil On Canvas Board 6x6 Challenge - Week #7 - Painting #12