Pages

Friday, October 5, 2012

Change...

It's changed!

That's just the process of creativity - change. You start with a subject, then the drawing, then start to paint. By the end, at least in my case, the painting doesn't look anything like I had first envisioned it to be. That's what is happening with this grant project. It still has the basic bones that I laid out in my grant request, but the theme has now changed. It seems that what I wanted to portray through the 'layers of life' theme was a bit too serious, introspective and personal for me at this point. I will continue to work on it, but not for the public to see until a later time.

I really wanted this grant project to be a fun process of growth and experimentation. What's more fun and whimsical than chickens and a duck? This past spring we bought 10 chickens and 2 ducks. So here goes - the first drawing - Esther:


  

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Single Apple

  Single Apple Oil On Canvas Board 6x6 Challenge - Week #7 - Painting #12