Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2021

On-line Painting Class

 I signed up for an online class mid-February. I really haven't painted much since my sister passed away a year and half ago. Plus, with this insane lockdown business, everything has been canceled. As an artist, having deadlines is helpful in staying motivated. One morning I woke up and realized just how much I missed painting. There were a couple of artists that I follow who also offer online classes. I went online and checked out their info, weighed out the pros and cons to each class and chose 'Once Upon a Time in Provence" instructed by Dreama.


Dreama paints in a very loose, colorful style. My painting style has always been quite colorful, but because I was trained in a very oldy worldy, traditional way, I do not paint loosely at all - better than years past, but still too much in the lines. I am presently into my third week's lesson and have decided to blog about my process. If I write down what I am learning along the way it will be easier to change up, remember and apply these lessons to my own painting style. This process is not to paint like Dreama. It is for me a practice outside of my own box to stretch and develop my own style in a new direction. 

Below are the first three paintings. I will talk about them more in a new post. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Single Apple

  Single Apple Oil On Canvas Board 6x6 Challenge - Week #7 - Painting #12